Designing a professional website takes skill and a flair for design that will impact positively on your visitors. The decision to work on your own web design or contract it out to a web designer really depends on the following:
- You need to objectively evaluate your skill-set and that of your staff. And to do this assess what the purpose of the website is for and begin the evaluation process by taking a hard look at websites you or your staff may have done. The gold standard here is to judge whether or not the website was successful.
- Some of the necessary skills to design and build a website are:
- HTML knowledge – basic code knowledge helps you understand what takes place behind the scenes of website building. There is software to help with this.
- Artistic ability – a flair for color and design will sway visitors to want to stay and interact on your website.
- Graphic software expertise – eye-catching graphics along with clean, quality photos to enhance the image of the website. Photos must be easy to upload.
- Navigation Expertise – navigating should be a pleasant experience for your visitors. Layout and the understanding of navigational tools are important.
- Marketing and business experience – the purpose of the website greatly influences the tone of the marketing strategy and business decisions to be made.
What if I Can’t Do All of That?
Fortunately, there are credible freelancers who can greatly assist with website building at reasonable cost. You may have to hire several freelancers to handle copywriting, web designing, SEO optimization, programming and other work.
What does outsourcing cost?
Basic websites consisting of five to six web pages ranges from $100 for web page design to $1,500 for a complete website with graphics and content. A more interactive website could cost anywhere from $500 for programming and upwards of $10,000 for a website with all the bells and whistles.
The key factor to note here is that your brand is sacred therefore you should seek out the best person to handle your job. When it comes to putting your best foot forward in cyber-space, then do so with trying to cut corners; because then you would most likely pay for it through poor internet sales.
If you decide to build a website then be aware of the work involved especially when it comes to testing it. However, should you hire a professional then establish from the start a clear communication so that you get exactly what you want.
Cohesive Web Design
330 E Coffee St
Greenville, SC 29601